Wednesday, November 22, 2017

j

by wiggly jones, "the little hippie boy"

for previous poem in series, click here





just because i don’t exist
just because i have never been kissed
just because i have no name
and my life is such a shame

just because my hair’s not curly
and my teeth are not quite pearly
just because i walk alone
and my head is filled with stones

just because you shake your head
at the life that i have led
and confidently assume
that i am marked for doom

will the sun not shine on me
may i not dream of being free?
if i find a dollar in the street
may my heart not skip a beat?

must only the beautiful and rich
who never sleep in park or ditch
and are never rounded up by the county
enjoy the universe’s bounty?

just because you can not see me
and my skin’s not soft and creamy
does not mean i can not dream
as i float down time’s dark stream


next


No comments:

Post a Comment