Tuesday, October 9, 2018

drifting blues


by wiggly jones, "the little hippie boy"





floating down a river
floating down a stream
hand in hand with hitler
in a stalin dream

drifting down a highway
drifting down a road
getting ready to rule the world
with my secret code

saw a light in the distance
castle up ahead
decided to cash in my ticket
and dance with the dead

dracula came to the doorway
with a candle in his hand
eleanor roosevelt took my suitcase
it was all filled up with sand

i followed her through the ballroom
where the band was playing loud
and she left me in the kitchen
lonely as a cloud

st teresa appeared before me
with a cook’s hat on her head
george washington wanted a sandwich
but we could not find the bread

i slipped out in the alley
where a hurricane did rage
and there i found general custer
demanding a living wage

i saw that heaven was a sandwich
and peanut butter was hell
marx and engels were jelly
on my head the raindrops fell

I saw george soros at mcdonalds
order a whole roast pig
i saw mitch mcconnell at yankee stadium
wearing a blonde wig

i awoke to wind and darkness
and saw eyeballs in the murk
i had not won the lottery
so i had to go to work




No comments:

Post a Comment