Thursday, September 27, 2018

silence


by wiggly jones, "the little hippie boy"





last night i had the strangest dream
i was a guy named moe
being chased through the streets of chicago
on a drifting ice floe

chased by a jaguar named jerry
and a junkman named joe
and they were out to get me
because i was in the know

i was just an innocent bystander
who overheard their plans
but i had to be silenced
i knew the truth about the man

o oligarchs in your towers
hear my humble plea
you are the masters of reality
and i am only me

or look upon your face
i know if you fall from heaven
you will only be replaced

call off your hounds and tigers
your jailers with guns and chains
i will crawl into my cardboard box
and in silence there remain

my cries went all unheeded
and they closed upon my trail
o where was noah with his ark
or jonah with his whale?

o where was sinbad the sailor
blackbeard, ahab, or captain kidd?
they all could have saved me
but none of them did

i have never been to chicago
and my name it is not moe
but when they knock upon my door
where am i to go?




No comments:

Post a Comment