Wednesday, March 14, 2018

i got a right


by jack dale coody





i got a right to sing the blues
i got a right to stay in bed
i got a right to stand on the sidewalk
and let the rain fall on my head

i got a right to walk the streets
i got a right to say you’re wrong
i got a right to look in a window
and sing my little song

i got a right to be happy
though you deny my name
i don’t want to hear your sermon
but thank you just the same

i got a right to tell the president
he is not what he seems
i got a right to an ice cream sandwich
i got a right to dream my dreams

who are you to tell me
what i can and can not do
you have a police force and an army
i know that that is true

i could go on forever
numbering my woes
as the clouds roll by above us
and time’s sad river flows

i got a right to sing the blues
i got a right to say you’re wrong
so i walk the roads forever
singing my little song



No comments:

Post a Comment